ANGUS & JILL BUCHAN
Jill and I found Jesus as our personal Lord and Saviour on the 18th of February 1979, just two years after settling in Greytown, Kwa-Zulu Natal Midlands, South Africa. Originally from Zambia, we bought a piece of land on which we planned to farm crops and livestock. We had very little to start with but even as brand new Christians, we were content with our farm, which we later called SHALOM.
A Clear Vision
In 1980, the Lord gave us a vision - very simply and clearly, through His Word. We believed our responsibility to be the following:
The Great Commission - Mark 16:15
- Caring for Orphans and Widows - James 1:27
- Equipping Saints for the Work of Ministry - Matthew 28:20
Everything undertaken at Shalom embraces this threefold vision and Shalom has become home to a community of families and believers who live and work as a team.
In November 1989
We felt the Lord call us to hire town halls and preach the Gospel, wherever He would lead. In 1990, we held our first campaign in Ladysmith, Kwa-Zulu Natal. I remember the feeling of pure excitement and anxiety as I walked into the municipal office to hire the town hall. Since then, we haven’t turned back, and our Lord has remained faithful. Upcoming Events
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- The Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- In the Eternal Triune God.
- In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- That for the salvation of the lost and sinful man, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by Whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- In the creation, test and fall of man, as recorded in Genesis; his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain to divine righteousness apart from God.
- In the Lord Jesus Christ, the Saviour of men, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, very God and very Man.
- In the Spiritual Unity of Believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
As we look back over the many years...
We are so blessed to see how our Lord has and is fulfilling His Vision in our lives. We trust you will also be able to seek God for your vision. That you will make it plain and write it on your heart (Habukuk 2 vs 2-3) and run with it.
Never forget the focus, JESUS CHRIST. He is your first priority... then family... then the work of the Lord.
Angus and Jill Buchan