In 2003 the Lord laid it clearly on my heart that I needed to mentor young men. The message the Lord gave me was to teach men to be:
Prophet: The man who leads his family.Priest: The man who heads up his home spiritually.King: The man who is the primary bread winner of his home.
Your fellow harvester in Christ, Angus Buchan
THE MESSAGE SIMPLY
• Apart from being the man of the home, men also need to be Godly examples in the workplace. Whether it be on the sport field, in the factory, on farm, at college or university, they need to lead from the front, by example.
• Our physical, spiritual and mental attitudes towards life must convey the fragrance of Jesus Christ in everything. In other words, our lifestyles must match up with what we say.
• We need to understand that we have a responsibility, not only to the family, but to our community and our nation.
• We need to be responsible when it comes to the management of finance, moral standards & Biblical principles.
• We are not interested in personal opinions - only God’s opinion.
• Everything we speak, must be qualified by Scripture.
• No-one is interested in quotations from men who have no standing in the sight of God.
• Each man will have his own flavour, but the message remains the same.
• We need to be encouraged to be men, to be good fathers, good husbands, good leaders and good citizens, for the benefit of the Kingdom of God.